Wednesday, February 24, 2010

OCD and Tv Shows....

Eric was watching a TV show tonight. I was making dinner, and thought I would come over and watch with him. It happened to be commercials when I sat down, and Eric usually watches the food network station. As I was sitting down, the commercials ended, and the TV show continued. As it started, there was this scary music when the title of the show came on, it was called, "Monsters within us"... Yup, its about parasites. I started watching, it was such a scary show, but yet I could not look away. I do have to admit that it was on bed bugs and some rare killing parasite. I can handle any type of scary movie, I thrive on scary movies, but parasite tv shows, scare the H E double hockey sticks out of me! So as I have been contemplating, I have thought of a top ten list that OCD people probably shouldn't watch...


10. Monk
9. Real life Hoarder's
8. Clean Sweep
7. Obsessed ( A&E )
6. Monster's Inside Me
5. Dirty Jobs
4. Survivor
3. Man VS Wild
2. Dr. Oz investigates flesh eating bacteria episode on Oprah
1. Howie Mandel on Deal or no Deal

Well, that is a start. I thought it would be funny to share with our anxiety family! Have a good one

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I don't need to watch HOARDERS--I just go to my mother in laws house!!!!!!!! Gotta love her!

coopsmom said...

All those shows hits a little close to home...ha ha. Today little Cooper was tested for parasites and giardia. Luckily, everything came back negative. I don't have to go far from home to get freaked out!!

M J said...

Don't you remember the filmstrip in 7th grade about the bugs with the huge antennae that live in your eyelashes and on your pillowcases? That was the beginning of OCD for me.

jacque said...

Think Grandpa Jensen's garage and you've got a hoarder extraordinaire. It took several dumpsters to clean it out after YEARS of devoted junk collecting. Sad...no one appreciated all his finds or wanted to keep anything. I don't know how people reach that point!

Followers

Just Eric and me

Just Eric and me